Mushroom Tortellini Filling:
- Place mushrooms in the work bowl of a food processor. Mix until chopped into small pieces (no puree).
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add shallots, garlic, and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture is dry and starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Add red wine. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring, until no visible liquid remains, approximately 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Refrigerator to cool completely.
Egg Pasta Dough:
- Make the Pasta dough. Let it rest for about 30 minutes. Roll with rolling pin to about ½ thickness (suitable for pasta machine) Continue to roll the Pasta dough till the required thickness.
- Pipe the mushroom filling and make the tortellini.
- Wash and cut the asparagus in to 2 inch pieces. Add to boiling water and cook for 30 sec. drain cool with ice cubes.
- Place Slices of Serrano Ham on to baking tray aligned with parchment paper. Bake till crispy at 95C for 1 hour
Citrus & Thyme Sauce:
- Bring the Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream to boil with fresh chopped thyme. Cook for 1 or 2 min. add lemon juice & peel to the boil.
- Strain through a sieve and mix with hand blender till foamy and light.
- Bring to the boil a large pan with water. Add Salt and olive oil. Cook the Tortellini’s for approx. 8 min till al dente.
- Serve with the Cooked Asparagus, Serrano Ham, Citrus & Thyme sauce