Bread & Butter Pudding with with chair lattee brulee, fruity bread & walnut brittle
Ingredients - Bread Pudding:
- 250g Anchor Blue Top Milk
- 250g Anchor Cream
- 130g Caster Sugar
- 10g Custard Powder
- 20g Barker’s Chai Latte Syrup
- 250g Eggs
- 2g Vanilla Paste
- 750g Fruit Bread (Crusts removed)
Ingredients - Walnut Brittle:
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 200g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 80g Glucose Syrup
- 5g Flakey Sea Salt
- 320g Walnuts
Method - Bread Pudding:
- Mix the milk, cream, sugar, custard powder, Chai
syrup, vanilla and eggs together.
- Pour over the sliced fruit bread that has been placed
into bowl and allow the bread to soak up the liquid (approx.
- Pour into prepared baking tray, sprinkle with brown
sugar and bake at 180°C until set.
- Allow the pudding to cool completely before cutting
into desired portions.
Method - Walnut Brittle
- Place the butter, salt, sugar & glucose into the pot.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring gently until the mixture
is smooth - then stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Spread onto a silicon sheet and Bake at 180°C for
approximately 10-12 minutes or until caramelised.
- Allow to cool before crushing into small textured pieces
and store in an air tight container.
- Cut the cooked and chilled bread pudding into
- Pipe some whipping cream on top and sprinkle