Caramelised Croissant wafers, crème mousseline, vanilla crème & strawberries
A great way to use up excess croissants
- 380g Anchor Blue Top Milk
- 1g Vanilla Paste
- 2 Eggs
- 1g Caster Sugar
- 25g Plain Flour
- 15g Custard Powder
- 140g Mainland Unsalted Butter
Method - Beef Filling
- Scald the milk and vanilla.
- Whisk the eggs and castor sugar together, add custard
powder and flour and mix.
- Add the scalded milk and return the mixture to a pot and
stir until the mixture boils & thickens and the starch is cooked out.
- Cover the pastry crème with cling film to avoid skinning &
allow the pastry cream to cool down completely.
- place the pastry crème into a mixer with the paddle
attachment and beat until smooth.
- Add the softened butter and blend through completely.
- Place the crème mousseline into a piping bag and pipe onto
- Slice the croissants lengthways to approximately 3mm
wafers and brush lightly with melted butter on both sides.
- Roll in icing sugar and place onto a non stick mat or
- Toast and caramelise the wafers at 180°C for approximately
- Allow the wafer to cool completely before piping the
prepared crème mousseline on one base, add sliced strawberries
if desired and then top with another wafer to form a sandwich.
- Garnish with whipped cream and decorate as desired.