Topped with cream cheese frosting, raspberries & pistachios, this sweet treat bursts with colour and flavour
- 25g Red food colouring
- 400g Anchor Sour Cream
- 7g White Vinegar
- 200g Mainland unsalted Butter
- 450g Caster sugar
- 4g Vanilla essence
- 230g Eggs
- 500g Plain Flour
- 5g Baking soda
- 5g Baking powder
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 250g Anchor Cream Cheese
Method - Red Velvet Cake
- Mix the red colour, half the sour cream and vinegar
- Cream the softened butter, vanilla and caster sugar.
- Add eggs gradually.
- Fold in 1/2 of the sieved dry ingredients.
- Fold in 1/2 of sour cream mix.
- Fold in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold in the remaining sour cream mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking
tray and bake at 160°C for approximately 25-30 minutes.
Method - Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and then add the
softened butter and blend through.
- Add the icing sugar and lemon juice and blend until
smooth and light.
- Once the red velvet cake is cool remove from the tray
and cut into 60mm rounds.
- Brush each round with raspberry coulis and assemble
by piping a quantity of frosting on the base of one round
cake, place some fresh raspberries on top (or freeze dried or
frozen if out of season) and sandwich with another round.
- Decorate the top with more frosting and then sprinkle
with chopped pistachios, freeze dried raspberries and garnish