Sticky Date Lamington with caramel mousse & spiced coconut.
Ingredients - Sticky Date Pudding:
- 960g Water
- 720g Dates
- 240g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 10g Vanilla Essence
- 700g Caster Sugar
- 440g Eggs
- 5g Salt
- 720g Self Raising Flour
- 5g Baking Soda
Ingredients - Spiced Coconut:
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 60g Water
- 5g Ground Cinnamon
- 180g Fancy Shred Coconut
Method - Sticky Date Pudding
- Put the water, vanilla and dates in a saucepan, bring
to boil, and remove from the heat – mash together with
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
half of the eggs gradually followed by half of the flour.
- Add the remaining egg and then the flour.
- Add the baking soda to the date mixture and then blend
through the butter mixture until combined.
- Deposit into square cake tin or individual moulds and bake
at 160°C for approximately 45 minutes.
Method - Spiced Coconut
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil and reduce to
a thick syrup.
- Add the coconut and cinnamon and then stir
continuously to crystalize the outside of the coconut (it will
look like a sandy texture).
- Pour onto silicon paper and allow to cool completely.
Store in an air tight container.