This delicious combo of cheese, relish and bacon is sure to be a winner.
- 2 medium Agria potato
- 2 x medium Kumara
- 15ml Mainland unsalted butter (melted)
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 125g Sugar
- 300ml Water
- 100g Streaky bacon (chopped and cooked until crisp)
- 250ml Anchor Sour Cream
- 15 ml Barker’s Professionl Pear and Fig Relish
- Olive oil
- 150g Kapiti Kikorangi (crumbled)
- Baby cress
Kapiti Kikorangi can be substitued for Mainland Creamy Feta or Mainland Vintage Cheddar.
- Par cook potatoes and kumara skin on, allow to cool and
grate into a bowl, add half of the melted butter, nutmeg, salt
and pepper and mix well.
- For the praline, add the sugar, water to a pan on a medium
heat. Whilst waiting for the caramel, line a tray with baking paper.
Pour the caramel over the tray and sprinkle with salt and crispy
bacon bits, once hard roughly blitz to form a gold dust.
- Blend together sour cream and the pear and fig relish with
a drizzle of olive oil and leave to the side.
- Heat a heavy based pan and add a little olive oil and a little
butter, take small handfuls of the hash and form patties.
- Pan fry on a low to medium heat and flip when golden and
- Serve with a spoonful of the flavoured sour cream, crumbled
Kikorangi and sprinkle with bacon praline, serve left over sauce
on the side for dipping.