A lean green meal to add some colour to your cabinets
- 250g orzo pasta
- 25g pistachios
- Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 15ml Mainland unsalted butter
- 125g wild mushrooms
- 25g basil
- 50g Mainland Parmesan Shredded
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 100g green peas
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Salt and pepper
- 150g Mainland creamy feta
- 50ml Anchor cream
- 1 handful Watercress
- Cook the orzo as per packet instructions and then cool
and mix with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
- Toast the pistachios lightly and season them with a little
salt, allow to cool and roughly chop.
- In a pan add a little olive oil, half the chopped garlic, butter
and wild mushrooms and cook on a medium heat until golden
brown, allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the pesto add the basil, olive oil, parmesan, baby
spinach, half of the peas, the rest of the garlic, juice and zest
of the lemon, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend
- In a food processor add the feta and the cream and blitz
until smooth, add this to a siphon gun and charge with 2 nos
canisters and shake well.
- In a large bowl mix together the orzo, pesto, mushrooms and
the rest of the peas and mix well.
- Present the salad on a tray, plate or takeaway box and garnish
with the watercress. Holding the siphon gun at a 45 degree angle
pipe the mousse into the corner of the salad and sprinkle with the
pistachios, drizzle with a little olive oil and cracked pepper before
- This dish can also be served hot.