Protein salads are a healthy lunch option that can be eaten in or taken away in lunchbox bento style with all the elements packed separately ahead of time and ready to be mixed together by the customer. This smoked salmon salad has some value adding ingredients that will give your customers a nice surprise and lots of flavour while still being heathy.
With all the elements packed separately ahead of time and ready to be mixed together by the customer.
Salad box contents
- 60g cold or hot smoked salmon
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado, diced and drizzled with lemon juice to keep fresh
- 1 tsp Ferikake seasoning 1 soft-boiled egg
- 2 tbsp edamame beans
- 2 tbsp Chimichurri dressing
- 1 tbsp Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt labneh
- 1/4 orange for garnish and sprigs of coriander
- 100g Mainland Creamy Feta, crumbled as a topping
Arrange your salad so that everything is separate, where you can see all the ingredients, so they will not mix or bleed into each other while sitting in the cabinet.
Anchor Protein+ labneh
- 250g Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Season to taste
Hang the yoghurt overnight inside a cloth placed in a colander over a bowl to catch all the whey that will drip out.
Once yoghurt is thick and creamy, add the other ingredients to it and whisk well.
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (or Sauvignon blanc or rice wine vinegar)
Mix everything together, and season to taste.
Arrange the salad in a takeaway box that can be sitting in the cabinet on display and simply handed to the customer. As a vegetarian option, swap out the salmon with black rice or aubergine.