Use pasta dough or wonton pastry squares and make up delicious individual ravioli
Prep 30 mins. Cook 1.5 hours.
- 4 beetroot
- 200g Mainland Creamy Feta, crumbled
- 50g fresh bread crumbs
- 1 batch pasta dough
- 5cm piece fresh tumeric, grated
- 100g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- Herbs for scattering, such as parsley, chives,
- Mainland Shaved Parmesan to serve
- Heat the oven to 150˚C.
- Wrap beetroot individually in foil and place on baking tray.
Roast until tender when pierced with knife, about 1.5 hours
depending on the size of the beetroot. Cool then peel and finely
grate into medium bowl. Add feta cheese and season to taste
with salt and pepper. Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Roll out pasta dough into thin sheets. Place 1 dough sheet
on work surface and cut into 10cm squares. Transfer to lightly
floured baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with
remaining dough for total of about 48 squares.
- Place small bowl of water next to work surface. Spoon heaped
teaspoons of filling onto half of each square. Brush around the
edge with a little water.
- Fold dough over filling, pushing out as much air as possible
and pressing edges firmly to seal. Transfer to floured trays.
Repeat with remaining dough. This can be done up to 1 week
ahead and frozen until solid on trays, then stored in plastic bags.
- To serve, melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the
tumeric, keep warm. Working in batches, cook ravioli in large
pot of boiling salted water until cooked through, stirring often
for about 2 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to warm serving plates and
drizzle with tumeric butter. Scatter with herbs and serve with
Parmesan, if desired.