Beautifully rich flavours matched perfectly with Mainland Cheeses
Prep 30 mins. Cook 1 hour.
- 750g pumpkin
- 150mls Anchor Blue Top Milk
- 200g Mainland Shredded Parmesan
- 100g Mainland Special Reserve Gruyere Cheese
- Quarter teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + extra for greasing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 150g walnuts, chopped
- 150g Anchor Cream Cheese
- Quarter cup chopped parsley
- Cannelloni tubes or fresh lasagne sheets
- Heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin and cut into pieces. Place in a
steamer over boiling water and steam for 20 minutes until tender.
Take off the water and leave in the open air to dry out a little.
- In a large saucepan heat the milk until just before boiling
point. Using a stick blender or in a food processor, puree the
hot milk and pumpkin together, then stir in the parmesan, Gruyere
cheese, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes
then add the mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt. Cook for about 5
minutes then remove from the heat and cool.
- Grind or finely chop the walnuts and put in a bowl with the
cream cheese, parsley and cooled mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Fill cannelloni tubes with filling or you can cut squares of fresh
pasta sheets and roll around filling. Arrange in ovenproof dishes
and cover with pumpkin sauce.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until hot & bubbling.