Light Ricotta style of Gnocchi that can be boiled in advance and reheated, making it a quick main to prepare
Makes about 40 Gnocchi.
Prep 10 mins. Cook 25 mins.
- 2 tablepsoons olive oil
- 300g grated zucchini + 3 whole zucchini
- 500g Perfect Italiano Ricotta
- 80g Mainland Shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 4 radishes
- 2 tablepsoons extra virgin olive oil +
extra to drizzle
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to season
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add 300g
zucchini and stir for 5 minutes until soft and all the excess
liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Add the ricotta, half the parmesan, flour and egg to the
zucchini mixture, season with salt and pepper, then stir to
- Line a large oven tray with cooking paper.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, then
reduce heat to a rolling simmer. Using 2 small tablespoons,
scoop quenelles of the mixture into the water. Working quickly,
repeat to make about 10 gnocchi.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, the gnocchi will float to the
surface. At this point, test the first one to see how much
longer they need (it will depend on the size you have made
them). Remove with a slotted spoon and place on tray.
- Repeat until all the gnocchi are cooked, cool, cover and
refrigerate until needed (up to 3 days).
- To make the zucchini and radish ribbons, cut the 3 zucchini
lengthways into thin ribbons and slice the radishes very thinly
and toss with the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and season
with salt and pepper.
- To serve, heat grill to medium/high. Scatter gnocchi with
remaining 40g parmesan, then grill for about 8 minutes or until
gnocchi are golden and warmed through.
- Divide gnocchi between
bowls and top with zucchini and radish ribbons and scatter with
chervil or basil and extra parmesan. Drizzle with oil to serve.