Deliciously hot cheesy bread, serve with salad to balance out the richness
Prep 15 mins. Cook 15-29 mins.
- 1 recipe basic dough divided into 6
- Garlic infused oil for brushing
- 125g Anchor Cream Cheese, softened
- 250g Kapiti Kikorangi Blue Cheese, cubed
- 125g Mainland Mozzarella
- 100g green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 6 tablespoons Mainland Shredded Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Divide into 6 even pieces. Shape each piece into a
ball. Flatten with your hand then roll each piece into an
oval about 4-5mm thick.
- In a bowl, mix together the blue cheese, cream cheese,
mozzarella, olives and thyme.
- Place about 1/6 of a cup of the cheese mix in the centre
of each dough oval. Sprinkle with a little pepper.
- Fold each oval in half and press the edges together with
your fingertips. Crimp the edges so none of the filling can
- Place the calzone side by side on a floured baking sheet,
(use 2 if needed). Brush the tops with the remaining garlic-infused
oil and scatter each with the parmesan.
- Cook for 15- 20 minutes until the dough is puffed up and
golden on top. Serve hot with pickle and salad.