The kind of breakfast dreams are made of, the smell is all you need to know.
- 8 slices of regular white bread/brioche if you're posh
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 250g Anchor™ Cream Cheese
- 25ml Anchor™ Milk
- 4 whole eggs
- Small handful baby basil
- 50g icing sugar
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream cheese and milk together until smooth, set aside (using room temperature cream cheese is easier)
- Add the frozen raspberries to a food processor along with the icing sugar and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
- Take a nonstick pan and heat it on medium heat, add a knob of butter and a trickle of oil.
- Take your bread and dip it generously into the egg mix and start to add them to the pan carefully.
- On the upside spread some of the cream cheese and a spoonful of the raspberry sauce before adding another slice of eggy bread and carefully flip over.
- Repeat until you have 4 French toast sandwiches.
- Cut in half and serve with lashings of raspberry sauce and any extra whipped cream cheese you have remaining.
- Finally, sprinkle the basil all over and a shake of icing sugar enjoy!
Cream cheese coffee
- 100g Anchor™ Cream Cheese whisked till smooth
- 50g Anchor™ Fresh Cream whipped
- 4 x long black coffees
- 4x high ball glasses
- Ice cubes
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and set aside.
- Fill up the glasses with ice and coffee.
- Add a nice big spoonful of the cream cheese on top of each coffee and finish with a pinch of cinnamon. Your welcome!
Chef Danny Simpson
You can use any fruit to make a sauce the same way. Also, some banana fried in the pan alongside the toast would be mega!