- 500g super wine biscuits (can substitute other biscuits)
- 125g melted Anchor™ butter
- 900g Anchor™ cream cheese (softened)
- 250g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1t vanilla paste
- 250g Anchor™ sour cream
- In a tea towel or plastic bag place super wine biscuits and finely crush with a rolling pin.
- Place the crumb in a large mixing bowl, add sugar and melted butter.
- Place on the base of your lined springform tin and press down to create the base, refrigerate to set.
- Pre-heat oven to 160c.
- Whip cream cheese & vanilla together until completely smooth.
- While whisking add eggs one at a time to ensure they are properly incorporated.
- Add in sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Mix in sour cream until just combined.
- Wrap the outside of the springform tin in al-foil and place it in a deeper tray.
- Pour water into tray around tin until 3/4 up the tin.
- Reduce oven to 150c and bake for 1.5 hours.
- Turn off the oven and leave in the oven for another 1 hour.
- Leave in mold & refrigerate for 8 hours.
Chai granita ingredients
- 750g water
- 200g Anchor™ milk
- 60g Anchor™ cream
- 250g glucose
- 4 T chai powder
- 2 earl grey tea bags
Combine all ingredients and bring to the boil.
Remove from heat and cool to room temp Place in a tray and into the freezer until set (4-6 hours).
To serve, break up frozen granita mix by dragging a fork through it to make a chunky sorbet.
Chef Todd Thorburn
To brulee (crunchy sugar crust) sprinkle an even layer of caster sugar on top of the cheesecake and blow torch until golden brown. Ensuring not to blacken the sugar in any areas as this will make it very bitter. Alternative, place under HOT GRILL quickly.