These fluffy pancakes are the kind you have when the kids have gone to bed.
Makes 6 pancakes – serves 3
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Anchor sour cream
- 20g Anchor butter
- 1 handful of blueberries
- Add the egg to a bowl and whisk for a minute.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and sour cream and whisk until smooth.
- Chuck in the blueberries and gently fold mixture together.
- Using a large nonstick pan, add a little of the butter and melt on medium heat. When the butter begins to bubble, spoon orange-sized pancake mixtures about 3 or 4 per pan.
- Once puffed and golden, flip over and do the same on the other side. Place on paper until ready to serve.
Maple butter popcorn
- 1 Packet of pre-made sweet and salty popcorn (150g)
- 50g Mainland unsalted butter (Salted Butter is OK too)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Pour the popcorn into a large metal bowl.
- In a saucepan, add the maple syrup and butter and slowly bring to a simmer. Simmer until it smells like butterscotch and the bubbles are glossy and caramel is beginning to form to a beautiful golden brown color.
- Gently remove from the heat and pour over the popcorn, shaking the bowl as you pour it in.
- Serve straight away on top of your freshly made pancakes.
Chef Danny Simpson
Save a little sour cream so you can give yourself a nice dollop on top of those hot pancakes!