A great way to feed the whole family and to ensure a terrific creamy sauce.
- 500g pre-cooked smoked chicken
- 250g Brussel sprouts roughly sliced
- 1 brown onion roughly sliced
- Small handful tarragon roughly chopped 150ml chicken stock
- 200ml Anchor™ Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp. your favourite mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 egg + 1 tsp. water
- 3 sheets ready bought puff pastry cut into 2 inch thicker diameters than the dish you will serve the pie in
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornflour + 1 tbsp. cold water
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat a heavy-based pot with a little oil to medium heat.
- Add in the vegetables and garlic, heat until softened.
- Add everything else together into the pot and bring to a soft simmer.
- Check for seasoning and add the cornflour mixture. Mix until thickened and remove from the heat.
- Cut pastry lids to size and score the tops with a few lines to make it look cool.
- Fill pie dishes ¾ full and fit the pastry lid on top crimping the edges so that it is nice and tight.
- Lastly, brush them with the egg mix and cook in the oven until golden brown and puffed up.
- Serve immediately.
Anchor cream cheese mashed potatoes (optional)
- 5 large agria potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. Anchor™ cream cheese
- Handful chopped chives or parsley
- Season to taste
- Cook and mash the potatoes keeping them fairly rustic.
- Fold in the cream cheese and chives, season to taste and serve alongside your hot out the oven pie.
Chef Danny Simpson
Brush off some potatoes, rub in oil and stab a few times with a fork and pop in the oven for an hour or so, split open and add a knob of Anchor™ Butter and a spoon of Anchor™ Sour Cream to the fluffy potato inside, a dash of salt and pepper and yum!