- 200g smoked kahawai or any smoked fish
- 250g Anchor™ Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp. horseradish paste
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Small handful chopped dill or parsley
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp. capers, pickles or pickled cucumbers
- In a large bowl pick all the smoked fish to make sure there are no bones left inside.
- Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth, its ok if it’s a little lumpy, its all personal preference.
- Check for seasoning and keep refrigerated.
Chef Danny Simpson
- 330g strong white flour
- 100g pumpernickel flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black cocoa, for dark pumpernickel color 2 teaspoons salt
- 240g Anchor™ Milk lukewarm
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Add the yeast to the water with a pinch of sugar and allow o become frothy.
- Mix together the flour and the rest of the ingredients and preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the dry into the wet and knead into a soft dough for around 5 minutes. Leave for another 5 minutes covered to allow the dough to rise.
- Once risen, divide the dough evenly and roll into equal balls, flatten the balls out and using your finger, poke a hole through each of them before allowing to prove for another 5 minutes covered.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil, big enough to fit all your bagels inside, add the honey to the water and gently drop your bagels inside. Once they begin to gloat, scoop them out and place them on a greased baking tray ready for the oven.
- Cook ion the oven for about 15 minutes until cooked and hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Serve them hot with your smoked kahawai pate.
Smoked salmon works great with these also!