A super easy non-machine ice cream recipe to be made up in a jiffy.
Makes 1 litre
- 350ml Anchor™ fresh cream
- 150ml condensed milk
- 250g Anchor™ cream cheese
- 200g strawberries fresh or frozen half blended smooth
- 6 digestive biscuits crushed roughly plus extra for garnishing
- Whip the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Transfer to another bowl. Some cream might still be in the bowl but no need to wash it.
- Add the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk to the bowl and beat until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold in the digestive biscuits and all of the strawberries and transfer mixture to a free able container allowing for some room for it to expand when it freezes, add the blended strawberry mixture on top and swirl with a knife.
- Sprinkle additional digestive chunks on top if desired. Freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- Serve with additional fruits and strawberry sauce, as well as more digestive biscuits.
Ginger toasted oats
- 150g household porridge oats
- 1 tbsp. runny honey
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- Pinch salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a bowl, mix everything together to form a sort of loose breakfast bar.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Spread your oats out onto a large baking tray lined with paper making sure it's pretty evenly spread out.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy. Allow to cool.
- The oats will set harder but just smash it up and crumble it all over your fantastic ice cream.
Chef Danny Simpson
Also, try adding pistachios and other nuts to the mix or even a lashing of lemon curd!