A simple yet delicious bread for beginner cooks and budding Chefs alike.
Soda bread ingredients
- 450g plain or bakers flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp flakey sea salt
- 60g Mainland unsalted butter, melted
- 120g Anchor sour cream
- 240g Anchor milk
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, thyme & salt.
- Add in melted butter, sour cream and milk, stir with a spatula to bring dough together.
- Turn out on a floured workbench and knead dough until it forms a ball. Place onto baking sheet and flatten the top.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1cm deep cross into the top of the loaf.
- Dust lightly with flour and a little sea salt. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Slice as needed. Store in freezer for up to 3 months (if needed)
Artichoke cream cheese dip ingredients
- 250g Anchor cream cheese
- 1 jar (340g) Marinated artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- 1 pinch of paprika
- Season to taste
In a food processor, puree all ingredients together, chill and serve.
Or… chop the artichokes with a knife and fold all other ingredients into the softened (room temp) cream cheese, season and serve.
Chef Todd Thorburn
Serve with flavoured butter like garlic, herb or chilli by simple softening your butter, adding whatever flavor your heart desires. Roll, chill and cut when ready to use, or try with a nice easy dip on the side.