Super simple, super easy !
Equal parts De Winkel natural yoghurt and self-raising flour along with whatever flavours you want to knead into the dough –as easy as that.
Makes 24 flat breads
- 500g De Winkel natural yoghurt or Fresh n fruity Greek yoghurt
- 500g Self-raising flour
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs of your choice (parsley, rosemary & thyme)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 pinch flake sea salt
- Olive oil or butter for cooking
- Combine yoghurt, flour, herbs, garlic & salt, lightly knead until combined, 1 minute (do not work/stretch like traditional bread as it will become very tough)
- Rest dough in a covered bowl for 20mins at room temp.
- Peel & chop garlic cloves or crush in a garlic crusher.
- Pick the herb leaves onto a chopping board and finely chop them, discarding the stalks.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat, then stir through the garlic and chopped herbs, then set aside.
- Dust a clean bench and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in half, then divide each half into 6 equal-sized pieces (slightly larger than a golf ball size).
- With your hands, pat and flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece into 12-14cm rounds.
- Score the centre of the tops the flat breads.
- Place your pan (for best result use a griddle pan) on high heat, once hot, cook each one for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until puffed up and nicely coloured.
- Brush the flatbreads all over with olive oil or butter as they come off the griddle.
Pile onto a serving board with some fetta & hummus so everyone can dig in and have a little isolation party.
Chef Todd Thorburn
In this recipe, I have used fresh herbs & garlic through you can try whatever you like e.g. parmesan & oregano, chilli & cumin or lemon & smoked