A super easy bread recipe you can make at home with common ingredients in your kitchen.
Makes one loaf.
- 425g Bakers or plain flour (Swap out for wholemeal flour for a healthier option)
- 200ml warm water
- 7g instant yeast
- 100g De Winkel natural yoghurt
- 1tsp flake sea salt
- Pour warm water into a bowl along with the yeast, stir until dissolved and leave at room temp for 5 mins or until frothy on the top.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Knead with the dough hook attachment of your mixer on the lowest speed for about 4 minutes until a smooth stretchy dough has formed (if you knead by hand it will take longer).
- Cover and leave to prove until doubled in size (in a warm place for an hour or in the fridge overnight).
- Turn out onto a floured bench and gently knock the dough back. Shape the loaf, place in an oiled and floured loaf tin. Leave somewhere warm for 30 –40 minutes until risen.
- Place in a preheated oven @ 220C for about 35 minutes. For a crustier loaf place a small dish of water in the oven under the loaf.
- When it is done it should turn out of the tin and sound hollow when tapped.
- Leave to cool and slice ready to eat or cut when needed.
Serve simply warmed with some unsalted butter or dip into some extra virgin olive oil.
Chef Todd Thorburn
Have some fun and get the whole family involved, the kids can learn and you can keep them occupied at the same time.