A quick no fuss pizza-style snack with garden herbs.
Approx 12 Flatbreads
- 350 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 350g DeWinkel Yoghurt
Garlic & Herb Butter (Optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Bunch of fresh soft herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, basil, dill
- 40 g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 250g MainlandCreamy Brie,
- Caramelised Onions and Apple Slices
- Add all the flatbread ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon, then use clean hands to pat and bring everything together.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough. Knead for a minute or so to bring it all together (this isn’t a traditional bread recipe, so you don’t need to knead it for long – just enough time to bring everything together).
- Put the dough into a floured-dusted bowl and cover with a plate, then leave aside.
- If making the garlic butter: peel the garlic cloves and crush them with a garlic crusher. Pick the herb leaves onto a chopping board and finely chop them, discarding the stalks.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat, then stir through the garlic and chopped herbs, then set aside.
- Dust a clean work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in half, then divide each half into 6 equal-sized pieces (roughly the size of a golf ball).
- With your hands, pat and flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece into 12cm rounds, roughly 2mm to 3mm thick. Use a knife to cut 6 lines into the center of each round, leaving about 3cm at each end.
- Place the griddle pan on high heat, then once hot, cook each one for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until bar-marked and puffed up, turning with tongs.
- Load them up with your sliced Mainland Brie, apple and caramelized onions and eat them whilst they are hot!
- 2 brown onions sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp. Mainland Butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Season to taste
Add everything to a heavy-based pot and cook on medium to low for about 15-20 minutes until nice and sticky.
Chef Danny Simpson
Load them up with your sliced Mainland Brie, apple and caramelised onions and eat them whilst they are hot!