A super easy super tasty seasonal table pleaser.
- 3 ripe nectarines stoned and roughly diced
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. your favorite vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Large handful of almost stale bread roughly ripped and baked for 10 minutes until crispy
- Add everything to a large bowl and toss together, seasoning to taste. The bread should not get too soggy so the crispier the better.
- Once Mainland Brie comes out of the oven pour nectarine mixture all over and sprinkle with a little more basil and a good crack of black pepper.
- 1 x 1kg wheel of Mainland Creamy Brie
- Heat oven to 180*
- Place the brie on a baking paper-lined tray big enough to catch any rogue melting brie.
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil and cracked pepper before baking in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until you like it.
- Pull out and proceed with adding your nectarine salad.
- Serve as a sharing plate for all to enjoy.
Chef Danny Simpson
Leftover bacon cooked until crispy would be great in this salad, alternatively, you can use any seasonal stone fruit and play around with different types of bread.