A good old fashioned hearty baked potato with a party frock on.
- 4 medium agria potatoes washed
- 200g Mainland special reserve creamy brie
- 400g any mushroom variety
- Handful parsley leaves chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic paste or fresh
- 4 tbsp Anchor Sour Cream
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Stab the potatoes a few times before placing them in the oven on a tray until fully cooked.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to a frying pan with a little oil, garlic and season, cook until slightly golden. Add the chopped parsley at the end. Set to one side.
- Once potatoes are cooked remove from oven and carefully cut long ways to open them up. Place them back in the tray.
- Inside each divide the brie in slices, then add the mushrooms evenly between the lot. Place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes until the brie has begun to melt.
- Remove and serve with a heavy dollop of sour cream and a tbsp. of pickled cucumbers on each.
Easy pickled cucumbers
- ½ a regular cucumber diced about 1 inch by 1 inch
- 100ml white vinegar
- 50ml water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Bring the water, sugar, vinegar, and salt to the boil in a saucepan.
- Once boiled remove from the heat.
- Throw in all the diced cucumber and mix well.
- Allow cooling at room temperature stirring occasionally.
- Once cooled refrigerate.
- These will last for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
Chef Danny Simpson
Grate your Brie and freeze it in plastic containers, that way you can have it anytime you want and also gives you time to make another great baked potato dish.