Cajun-style popcorn brie, sticky maple syrup, and chopped house nuts.
- 500g Mainland Special Reserve Brie
- 200g plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Cajun spice mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 eggs
- 150ml Anchor™ Milk
- Oil for frying
- Rip the brie into bite-sized pieces, don’t worry about them being equal size
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and milk
- Heat a solid based pan to medium heat and add about 50ml cooking oil.
- Whilst the pan is heating, roll the brie into the flour mix then shake off and roll into the egg mixture. Repeat this twice until evenly coated.
- Gently place each piece of brie into the pan and turn every few seconds until golden brown, remove from pan and add to another bowl. Gently sprinkle over some extra Cajun spice mix and serve with paper on the base of a sharing plate.
7. Drizzle with the maple syrup and sprinkle the chopped nuts all over. Now enjoy in front of a good movie
You will also need
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1 handful nuts roughly chopped (your choice)
- Cracked black pepper
- Baking paper
Chef Danny Simpson
Serve with your favourite dipping sauce or chutney. Use as a table filler, kid-pleaser and late-night snack option.