Mainland Haloumi & Oyster Mushroom Pappardelle
- 100g Mainland Haloumi , sliced and pan fried
- 25g Mainland Haloumi, frozen for grating
- 150g Pappardelle
- 6ea oyster mushrooms
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbspn Brasilnut pesto
- 1 ea cured egg yolk, for grating
- Pan fry haloumi and oyster mushrooms with some olive oil.
- Blanch pappardelle and add to the pan.
- Add chopped fresh herbs and toss to combine.
- Remove from the heat and spin plate the pasta, top grated haloumi and egg yolk.
- .Finish with a quenelle of pesto and garnish of your choice.
Cured Egg Yolks
- 200g fine salt
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- Mix salt and sugar in a medium bowl to combine, spread half salt mixture in base of a dish. Using the back of a tablespoon, create 4 depressions in the salt mixture, spacing evenly. Carefully place an egg yolk in each depression. Gently sprinkle the remaining salt mixture over yolks and tightly wrap dish with plastic. Chill 4 days.
- Finely grate cured egg yolks over soups, pastas, or salads as you would a hard cheese. (Yolks can be cured 1 month ahead). Place in an airtight container and chill.
- 500g Tipo “00” flour
- 8ea egg yolks
- 1 whole large egg
- 30ml Anchor Blue Top Milk
- 25g extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- In the center of your work surface, place the flour in a mound and make a large well in the center of the mound.
- Pour in the yolks, the whole egg, milk, olive oil, and salt. With two fingers, begin swirling the ingredients together, incorporating in flour a little bit at a time, until it becomes a thick paste.
- Once all the flour as been incorporated, knead the dough until it resembles a smooth ball, Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate at least 4–5 hours so that the gluten has time to relax before rolling out the pasta.
- Roll it out using either a rolling pin or a pasta machine, depending on the type of pasta you will make and cut into pappardelle strips.
Spinach and brasil nut pesto
- 150g baby spinach
- 50g basil
- 50g brazil nuts, roasted and skinless
- 50g pine nuts, roasted
- 2 Tbspngrated Mainland Parmesan cheese
- 125g extra virginolive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add the spinach, garlic, nuts, cheese, salt and pepper and pulse until well combined, but not totally smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pulsing. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.