Parmesan Pound Cake
- 500g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 150g Mainland Parmesan, finely grated,
- 200g Mainland unsalted
- 500g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 250g Anchor Sour Cream
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries, whole
- Pomegranate vincotto -to finish
- Preheat the oven to 175c.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a . gastronormtray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Lightly flour the sides of the pan, tapping out any excess flour.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk in the grated Mainland Parmesan cheese.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment; beat for 5 mins until creamed well.
- Reduce the speed to medium and slowly drizzle in the beaten eggs. Add the cream cheese and continue to beat until incorporated.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture and sour cream until both are nearly incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan, spreading it evenly and smoothing the surface.
- Bake 180c until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped mascarpone and fresh berries. Sprinkle some of the basil sugar over everything, then drizzle the berries and/or the plate with the pomegranate vincotto.
Whipped vanilla cream cheese
- 500g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 200g Anchor Sour Cream
- 100ml Anchor Cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- Leave cream cheese out at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and sugar until well combined.
- Add cream and whip until nicely aerated and fluffy.
- Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- 125g white sugar
- 100g fresh basil leaves
- Combine half of the sugar and half of the basil in a spice grinder or mini food processor; pulse until the basil leaves are chopped finely and the sugar has taken on the color and scent of the herb.
- Repeat with the remaining sugar and basil. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.