These fluffy pancakes are the kind you have when the kids have gone to bed.
Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g pre-cooked smoked chicken
- 250g Brussel sprouts roughly sliced
- 1 brown onion roughly sliced
- Small handful tarragon roughly chopped
- 150ml chicken stock
- 200ml Anchor sour cream
- 2 tbsp. your favourite mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 egg + 1 tsp. water
- 3 sheets ready bought puff pastry cut into 2 inch thicker diameters than the dish you will serve the pie in
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornflour + 1 tbsp. cold water
Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
Heat a heavy based pot with a little oil to a medium heat.
Add in the vegetables and garlic, heat until softened.
Add everything else together into the pot and bring to a soft simmer.
Check for seasoning and add the corn flour mixture. Mix until thickened and remove from the heat.
Cut pastry lids to size and score the tops with a few lines to make it look cool.
Fill pie dishes . full and fit the pastry lid on top crimping the edges so that it is nice and tight.
Lastly, brush them with the egg mix and cook in the oven until golden brown and puffed up.
Images are examples only.
Anchor cream cheese mashed potatoes (optional)
- 5 large Agria potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp Anchor cream cheese
- Handful chopped chives or parsley
- Season to taste
Cook and mash the potatoes keeping them fairly rustic.
Fold in the cream cheese and chives, season to taste and serve alongside your hot out the oven pie.