Greek Loukaniko Sausage Mince:
- Mix the pork fat, and both minces together with salt, and sugar. Put this in the fridge overnight if possible or for at least an hour.
- Add coriander, black pepper, fennel seeds, orange zest and wine, mix the sausage and mince well by hand for 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and break up into loosely gathered pieces (like rough mini meatballs).
- Lay on to a lined tray and bake in the oven for 10 mins at 160c to seal and par-cook ready for service.
Pan fry and finish with lemon juice, chopped fresh herbs and season to taste.
Green Herb Oil:
- Blanche and refresh herbs in iced water
- Wring herbs of extra moisture
- Puree all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate overnight
- In a fine strainer with oil filter strain the bulk of the herbs out, leaving you with a beautiful green herb oil
Warm Lemon Laban (Yoghurt Sauce):
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat, and saute the coriander and the garlic with a pinch of salt until the garlic has just turned golden.
- Mix the amount of cornstarch with just enough cold water to form a paste.
- Using a blender, blend together the yogurt, the egg, the cornstarch paste, cream, and the salt until well combined.
- Pour yogurt mixture into a heavy saucepan over medium heat and immediately start whisking. Keep whisking and don’t stop or the sauce will separate.
- After around 10 minutes, the sauce will begin to boil and as soon as that happens take it off the heat.
- Add the fried garlic and coriander mix, stir and taste for seasoning. Add more cream or yoghurt if the sauce is too thick.